For those who like a tangy taste in food, you will like this recipe :) It tastes good with rice or coleslaw. I simmered it only for 2 and a half hours after boiling cos it was already so tender. By the way, i used pork ribs and took out the Worcestershire sauce from the ingredients(I didn't have it). Also, hubby bought PINK LEMONADE haha instead of the green one.
TANGY BRAISED SHORT RIBS
1 (6-ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 medium sized onion
1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
4 teaspoons dried parsley
2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon each dried thyme and crushed red pepper flakes
1 bay leaf
4 1/2 to 5 pounds of short ribs
1. Thaw the lemonade concentrate, slice the onion, separate the onion slices into rings
2. Combine lemonade concentrate and tomato in large heavy saucepan. Cook stirring continually over medium-high heat until mixture is hot.
3. Add parsley, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, thyme, red pepper flakes, and bay leaf to tomato sauce mixture. Add ribs.
4. Cook mixture stirring occasionally, until mixture come to a boil.
5. Cover the saucepan. Simmer stirring occasionally, until the ribs are easily pierced with a knife, about 2 1/2-3 hours.
6. Skim fat from the surface of the sauce. Discard the bay leaf. Transfer the ribs to a serving platter and spoon sauce over ribs.
Serves 6-8.Cooking time approximately 3 hours.
Original Recipe by: Grandma, Grandma's Kitchen