It's really magic because they disappear in no time! These bars are easy to make--just layer, bake and cut into squares--and they're so delicious. They taste like coconut candies that I loved when I was a kid. We called it "bukayo" in our dialect. It's fattening but it's a good treat once in a while. Kids will surely enjoy this as much as the adults! I got the recipe from Kellogg's package.
1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs
6 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 package (6 oz,. 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 1/3 cups (3 1/2 oz.) flaked coconut
1 can (15 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1. Measure KELLOGG'S Corn Flake Crumbs, sugar and margarine into
13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Mix thoroughly. With back of spoon, press mixture evenly and firmly in bottom of pan to form crust.
2. Sprinkle walnuts, chocolate morsels and coconut evenly over crust. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over top.
3. Bake at 350° F about 25 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Cool completely before cutting into bars. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
1. Microwave margarine in 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch glass baking dish on HIGH until melted. Add KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES Crumbs and sugar. Mix thoroughly. Press lightly in bottom of dish to form crust.
2. Sprinkle walnuts, chocolate chips, and coconut evenly over KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKE Crumbs crust. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over top.
3. Microwave on HIGH about 7 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Cool completely before cutting into bars.