Mommies who love to bake must try this oatmeal cookies. My kids and I love oatmeal for breakfast that is why I tried baking this as cookies. I notice that when I buy a pack of ready-to-eat oatmeal cookies in store, my kids just ignore it but when I bake some, they are so excited that they can't wait to eat it. Maybe because they get to help preparing and making it. And when it is done, they can't wait to try what they made. So this sells like pancake! Below is the recipe from food.com.
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- This is a very important first step that makes the cookie: combine eggs, raisins and vanilla and let stand for one hour.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add flour, salt, cinnamon and soda and mix well.
- Blend in egg-raisin mixture, oatmeal, and chopped nuts.
- Dough will be stiff.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet, or roll into balls and flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.