Happy Holidays to all! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. As for us, we always had a blast. We spent our Christmas at a family's house. I baked some dark chocolate cookies and brought it with us. We drove almost 4 hours to get there and we enjoyed the travel since kids were being silly. Well, they were sillier after the dinner where everyone was already hyper with all the goodies and sweets! The cookies were really yummy. I bought a pack at Albertson's and it was so easy to make and bake. It was pre-made and ready to bake. It was really yummy! I couldn't stop munching on them. But if you want to make it from scratch, below is a recipe from bakerella.com. Sure it is as good as the packed ones, but maybe even tastier since it will be made with so much LOVE.
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Servings: 2 dozen cookies
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup natural unsweetened cocoa (I used Hershey’s Special Dark if you can find)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 1/2 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup white chocolate peppermint M&M’s
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, cocoa, soda, salt and coffee crystals in a medium bowl using a wire whisk. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture to creamed butter and mix until combined.
- Stir in M&M’s and chocolate chips and then chill dough for about 30 minutes.
- Roll into balls. (Note: reserve a few chocolate chips and candies to press into the tops of the dough just before baking.)
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until done. Cool and eat.